Salary: £32,000-£33,949 (This is a 3FF Band D role)
Location: Kentish Town, North London
Reports to: Head of Operations
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours)
The UK’s leading interfaith organisation is excited to be recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager.
3FF works to build relations between people of different faiths, beliefs and cultures. Over the last 20 years we have grown to reach over 16,000 people per year through our education, engagement and action programmes which bring diverse communities together in schools, universities and communities.
After sustained growth and development we have seen a consistent increase in the financial size of the organisation, and are now in need of a full-time Finance Manager to support us to deliver our new and ambitious five-year plan. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a small but growing charity; you’ll work closely with the CEO and Head of Operations as well as with front-line and programmes staff. You’ll be responsible for everything from the day-to-day finances to setting organisational strategy and business planning.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to:
- Monitor the financial health of the organisation as we grow beyond a £1 million charity
- Create and oversee a complex range of organisational budgets, including building and owning the organisational budget as well as front-line project budgets
- Manage the financial processing and administration of all income and expenditure
- Support the 3FF team in financial management, from front-line staff to the CEO and board of trustees
- Manage the organisation’s daily finances, including payroll, cashflow, accounts, bookkeeping, auditing and so on
- Be a member of the leadership team, inputting into strategy and business development
To do this, we’re looking for the following:
- Experience of financial management and preparing management accounts in a charity or similar organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of financial planning and systems, including budgeting, accounts, bookkeeping, forecasting, budgeting and financial reporting
- Ability to oversee multiple budgets and ensure financial management of complex and diverse funding streams
- Experience overseeing budgets, ideally in excess of £1million
- The skills and ability to support others with less financial expertise to manage their own budgets, as well as to provide insight to senior leaders
We believe that people of all beliefs have an important part to play in our communities and we’re looking for someone who shares our vision- whether you’re an active member of a faith community yourself, have your own personal beliefs, or simply share our goals.
Working at 3FF
You’ll be joining an organisation that embodies the inclusive and welcoming values we want to see in wider society. We pride ourselves on our diverse and collaborative working environment, where your passion and dedication will be rewarded through flexible benefits and ongoing support. At our most recent staff survey, 100% of staff said they are proud to work for 3FF and 100% enjoy working with the people here.
If you feel this role is for you, please:
- Download the full job description and person specification
- Download an application form
- Submit your completed application form
The deadline to apply is 9am, 30 October. If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview w/c 6 November in our London office.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, including people with religious or non-religious beliefs. We’re keen to grow the diversity of our team and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as these groups are currently underrepresented in our charity.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from individuals without the right to work in the UK.
We request no contact from agencies regarding this vacancy.