Salary: £27,000-£28,644 (3FF Band C)
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours/week)
An exciting opportunity at the UK’s leading interfaith organisation to develop a new programme of work on faith, belief, identity, and LGBT – and to help us build a movement for change.
For 20 years, 3FF has run education, engagement and action programmes that bring diverse communities together. Our programmes in schools, universities and communities break down barriers and find ways for people to work together to improve society. We’re looking for people to join our movement and help us create a world where people of different faiths and beliefs have positive and meaningful relationships.
This exciting new role will lead a project exploring the intersection between faith and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans) identity. You’ll adapt 3FF’s flagship Faith Awareness Training and deliver it to LGB&T organisations across the voluntary and community sector. If you’re passionate about identity and equality, enjoy building relationships with organisations across the UK, and want a role where you’ll be given the remit to drive a new project forward and make it your own, then this is the role for you.
You’ll also take on oversight of our voluntary internship programme which aims to build the diverse workforce our society needs. You’ll upskill over 20 people from different backgrounds every year with professional and interfaith experience. In this role, you’ll recruit, train and support our volunteer interns as well as grow the programme.
What we’re looking for:
- We believe that people of all beliefs have an important part to play in our communities and we’re looking for someone who shares our vision- whether you’re an active member of a faith community yourself, have your own person beliefs, or simply share our goals
- You’ll bring some knowledge of the LGBT voluntary sector, through personal or professional experience
- You’ll have a passion for finding interesting and engaging ways to facilitate learning, development and training
- You’ll be full of ideas about how to drive forward this new project and flexible to take on other opportunities in this new and growing programme
- You’ll enjoy reaching out to and building partnerships between faith/belief communities, local institutions, not-for-profit organisations, and others
Working at 3FF
You’ll be joining an organisation that embodies the inclusive and welcoming values we want to see in wider society. We pride ourselves on our diverse and collaborative working environment, where your passion and dedication will be rewarded through flexible benefits and ongoing support. At our most recent staff survey, 100% of staff said they are proud to work for 3FF and 100% enjoy working with the people here.
If you feel this role is for you, please:
- Download the full job description and person specification
- Download an application form
- Submit your completed application form
The deadline to apply is 9am, 16 October. If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview in our London office. We need someone to start as soon as possible and may close recruitment early, so we urge you to apply as soon as you can.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, including people with religious or non-religious beliefs. Current 3FFers identify as agnostic, atheist, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, non-religious and other faiths/beliefs, and we’re keen to grow the diversity of our team. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from individuals without the right to work in the UK.